“You may not know that . . .
- we are a unique family-owned business. Situated on six different connected plots of land, we run a traditional Bavarian restaurant, a modern boutique hotel, Munich's most attractive rooftop bar with unrivalled views of the Old Town and the Alps, as well as one of the largest gentlemen's saunas in Central Europe.
- we have been a core feature and one of the largest establishments of the Gärtnerplatz District for more than 150 years, and are situated in the very heart of Munich, halfway between Marienplatz and the River Isar.
- we have hundreds of thousands of guests staying with us every year. Our legendary parties and unforgettable street festivals have made us into a focal point of the entertainment scene.
- many cultural giants have stayed with us over the years, such as Rainer-Werner Fassbinder, Donna Summer and Freddie Mercury, and to this day, we are honoured to host many celebrities at our establishment.
- we are a popular landmark for numerous city tours, thanks to our fascinating history. Should you wish to learn more about the rich past of our establishment, please click here.
- we are a diverse international team, consisting of people from more than 20 countries who among them speak more than 30 different languages. Naturally, diversity is at the top of our list.
- we promote equality and equal opportunities for all our employees. We are against discrimination of any kind, and are particularly proud to be part of the German AIDS Initiative #positivework.
- we offer our employees an informal work environment with very little hierarchy. We are committed to providing competitive salaries and perks, with no unpaid overtime and a wide range of exciting responsibilities.
- as a company, we support many charities, events and social clubs and organize fundraisers to send a clear message against hatred and division in our society.
- we have received awards for our green policies. The heat generated from our refrigerated warehouses is recovered in our hot water boilers, while used shower water is purified and reused to flush our toilets. We had already avoided the use of plastics wherever possible before the enforcement of EU regulations on single-use plastics.
- we place great importance on our personalised service. In contrast to hotel chains, we aim to give each of our guests the very best of our attention and care at all times.
It is with creativity and passion that we do our best to provide an unforgettable stay to each of our guests.”